I like this type of surprise

A while ago I was in an antique shop and taking various photos for possible topics to paint - as I usually do.  On this one occasion, I took only two photos of an old crate of empty coke bottles that were on the ground. The bottles were covered in dirt and I didn't think much about the photos once I got home.

Recently, I was looking through my photos for something different to paint for my solo exhibit later this year (Something Old - Something New) and came across those two photos of old coke bottles.  I chose one of them for my next painting.

Who knew coke bottles would take between 5 and 6 hours to draw. I was even more attracted to the photo once I started drawing it since I noticed that 2 of the bottles were blue-green and one was leaning.   The bottles seem to be from different years because the writing on them was different. This makes for a much more interesting painting than a crate full of 24 bottles that are all the same.

Here is my painting of old coke bottles.  I'm calling in "Drink Coke".

Danielle Beaulieu watercolour Drink coke
This painting as well as the one in last week's post are going up in Arbor Gallery in Vankleek Hill this week.

Have a great week,
Danielle

Comments